Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tired Tuesday

Hoo boy, 4 days in a row of kick-you-in-the-butt yoga is NOT easy.  I was dragging even before I got to class, so I did not have high hopes.  I did my best with what strength I had, but I'm looking forward to later weeks when I have more stamina.  I really, really wanted to push and improve--trying head stand would have been cool--but there comes a point when you have to listen to your body and draw back. 

There wasn't any particularly good or bad pose today; it was all a bit of a struggle.  Balancing was especially tough on tired quads and glutes.  You really can't fudge your way through balancing poses.  However, spinal twists and backbends felt really, really good for a tight lower back today.  Next week will be more productive, I can feel it.

Tomorrow is a well-deserved day of rest.  And now that my muscles have turned into jello, I plan to ooze into bed early and get a full night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment