Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So I didn't set foot in a bar today or bake anything Irish.  In fact, I had leftover tortellini for dinner.  I'm not really Irish, anyway, so I didn't feel the least bit bad about spending the evening with Hart Yoga.

I wasn't really feeling yoga today.  I was tired and very ready to just go home.  But I mustered my determination and went anyway.  I immediately felt better when I walked into the tropical temperature of the studio.

And boy was it hot today! I was already dripping sweat by the end of the first breathing exercise.  The heat basically turned me into cooked spaghetti, which was great for flexibility and not so great for stability.  Part of the stability problem was fatigue.  This was my 4th class in a row and I was definitely feeling the strain.  However, I am pleased to report that I had much more energy at the start of class than I did the last time I did 4 classes in a row.  I was able to do some poses well, at least.  My stamina is building, if slowly.

Positive Pose: Full Locust

Yesterday I had a great standing series and struggled through the floor series, but today it was the opposite.  My noodle-y back rocked the floor series.  I think I had the most lifted Full Locust I've ever had!  As Jenn would say, I dropped my story and fatigue and just did it.  I was that 747 ready to take flight into the mirror.



Struggle Pose: Standing Bow
My standing series was (literally) a hot mess tonight.  I got really, really deep into the poses, especially standing bow, but could not hold them for very long.  My standing just did not want to lock out.  I think I spent more time trying to reset the posture than I did actually in it.  It sure wasn't for lack of trying, but I would kick my leg up, reach forward, and immediately lurch to one side.  Frustrating.  Next time, after a rest day, this pose will be mine.  At least I can take pride that I finished class stronger than I started.

Friday rest day tomorrow, then Bikram again on Saturday.

-Allie

1 comment:

  1. The same thing happened to me in the first week when I did all 5 days in a row. By day 4 and 5 my knees did not want to lock out anymore! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete